Monday, September 9, 2013

Alba: I want to be the best in the world

The defender, who rejoined Barcelona from Valencia in the summer of 2012, has been in fine form in the opening months of the 2013-14 campaign, but is determined to keep on improving and do even better in the years to come.

"I hope to be among the best in the world by the time I finish my career," the 24-year-old told reporters.

"I'm flattered that people are talking about how well I am playing, but I don't take too much notice of it because when I have a bad game it's the opposite - and people slate me endlessly - but when I have a good game it's as if I'm the best player of all time.

"I hope I can keep growing as a footballer and in many years' time be among the best in the world."
Alba netted once in Spain's 2-0 win over Finland on Friday and has now scored five goals in 24 appearances for the European champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment